Translate

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

My Weekend

I'm sorry I haven't posted in the last couple of days but, it has been a pretty jam packed weekend. Friday I stayed after school along with the rest of student council to decorate the teachers doors for teacher appreciation day coming up this week; so when they walk in all the doors will be decorated based on their style.

Saturday we went to to see a sleeping Beauty ballet which was really beautiful. Although I wasn't allowed to take pictures of the actual performance I did get to take pictures of the building it was held in. The building, or better known as the Akron Civic Theater, was a beautifully done older building that I couldn't help but admire.
I took many more, but these are my favorites. 
After we saw the ballet we went to Cracker Barrel (One of my favorite restaurants) and hit the movies where we saw Mall Cop 2. It was a pretty good movie I recommend it if you want to laugh.

Sunday we hit the yard sales. I honestly don't care what people think or say yard sailing is one of the best things ever created; you can get the best deals. For example this Pendleton all wool flannel is worth $95 but I got it for a quarter. 
I got 4 vintage suitcases for $10. 
However they're worth $250-$300. 

I got a vintage cast iron letters slot along with a silver mirrored tray and tee shirt for $5 
This book along with the flowers was 50 cents, and lastly the sweater was a quarter as well.
(The medical book is 72 years old!) 


I have some plans for everything I revived over the weekend, like refurbishing the insides of the suitcases and making a flower crown out of the flowers. I'll give u updates as I go but for now the suitcases are being cleaned and I'm still trying to figure out how exactly I'm going to make the crown. 
As I stated I'll keep you updated,
Hugs from Hayley






1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your Pendleton blanket find! I can't believe you got it for a quarter:) Great vintage finds--the smallest suitcase reminds me of one my grandmother had--except hers was blue (I think). I also love flower crowns and have several that I bought at Scandinavian festivals. I was thinking of making one of my own this year--maybe for midsummer. Love the historical theater photos!
    Blessings, Aimee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting!
~Hugs from Hayley