Translate

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Gifts from the Grandparents



 

      As many of you may know I've taken a liking to  "old stuff" over the last few months. The amount of books and antiques I collect and own makes me an Antiquarian. Anyway I've had a list of things that I thought would be cool to find. Three things on that list was an old camera, a old telephone, and a typewriter. An old camera because I love photography, an old phone because I love playing with the buttons (its not all serious people), and a type writer because I'm obsessed with them. The noise they make, the way they look, and (because I'm a writer) what they helped people do. 
       My Grandparents came up three weeks ago and actually bout these things for me!!! They got them as gifts for my good grades first bringing out the camera; followed by the telephone. I was already hyped about the Brownie camera, from '46, and the old telephone from the '30s (they're really heavy by the way); so when they surprised me with a Remington Rand, 1934, noiseless, typewriter that I've been obsessing over 4 months now I almost lost my mind. 
     Thanks again Nana and Poppop, ily
~Hugs from Hayley

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting!
~Hugs from Hayley