Translate

Friday, October 16, 2015

It's the Most Colorful time of the Year

 Hi loves,
Every season has its special beauty and autumn is no exception. Watching the trees turn from a typical green to all varieties of orange, yellow and red is a gorgeous sight. Every year I'm almost blinded by the fiery brilliance; and I get lost in the world that changes all around me. How can it be that all this beauty is sign of death and decay? With all this allure there is a certain sadness in knowing that the changing colors foreshadow the arrival of a long cold winter. But with this sadness comes perks like bonfires, homecoming, Halloween, sweaters, hot coco, and the holiday season.



In this small, small town football is a big, big thing. Therefore Homecoming game is huge; everybody, all 350 people that live in town, was there. The lights were too bright, it was a solid 30 degrees, and I got a few splinters from the old bleachers; but the people were pumped, the cold weather only made the hot coco taste 10x better, and we won 40 something to 26 and that's all that matters. 


 No date for my Freshman Homecoming but I enjoyed hanging out with my friends all the same. They all fixed up nice!
 My love for the 50s was reflected in my homecoming outfit. The dress was a peach dress with a just-below-the-knee 50s cut accented with a satin bow. My shoes were silver heels and my earrings were dangley and sparkly. I loved it!




 Hoping everyone is well this beautiful time of year,
~Hugs from Hayley

3 comments:

  1. That was beautiful Hayley! I enjoyed reading it. Also i miss you and we should text more gtg because i am in science. -Isis Gibson-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this and I am so glad you had a great time at homecoming i loved you dress and outfit Too!!!! we should text more than we do gtg because i am in science but text u later. -Isis Gibson-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting!
~Hugs from Hayley